Exercise 3

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Exercise 3

Post  Julie Ann R. Monteroso on Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:26 pm

Base on the article I’ve read from the internet, human interaction on the environment is mainly due to the over confidence of human nature on itself. Human interaction on the environment causes the disastrous failure of human race, if it is not checked in time. Human beings allow themselves in every field whether natural or artificial to prove their power and intelligence but at the same time he does not imagine the consequences of the interaction with environment.

The social environment influences a big scope in a human interaction with the computer. People could think to the extent of relating and applying the human social acts to human-like agents. Lots of effects from the social environment especially it’s features and behaviors that would persuade people to innovate more about it by the use of technology. The effect of these matters to society will develop especially in the economic status, and in academic that people would be able to enhance themselves in this field.

Julie Ann R. Monteroso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Assignment 3

Post  rowellpines on Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:06 pm

What influence does the social environment in which you work have on your interaction with the computer? What effect does the organization (commercial or academic) to which you belong have on the interaction?.

The first question about "social environment" with regards to influences on interaction with computers would be summarizes by two, INTERRUPT and DATA SIGNIFICANCE.

INTERRUPT

In the sense of, disturbing your focus towards work on computers that may result to unprofessionalism. The term social environment refers to the people that mostly you deal with in everyday works, the one that you deals with to your job. When these people makes you delay and loses your concentration to your job, well ofcourse they can be called as INTERRUPTion.

DATA SIGNIFICANCE

Ofcourse, If you have these many people that surrounds you, you can now take advantage on getting advices and making feedbacks to a certain project that they can help you through.

The second question about "ACADEMIC or COMMERCIAL" is merely closest to the effectiveness of the organization to have the greatest interaction with responds to high-tech DEVICES. Im talking about the standing of the organization with regards to FACILITIES, ofcourse it really affects your capacity, because you are dealing with computer interaction, hence DEVICES is the main factor on its EFFECTIVENESS.
rowellpines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  florenzie_palma on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:36 am

The environment i have is loudly exposed and interactive with the usage of gadgets especially interacting with computers. As an Information Technology students, we are expected to be knowledgeable enough in terms of these things. As the trend of technology is arising and continuously jumping over the curves, we, who belong in this generation, has that attitude of "craving for more". The consumers, who could also be us and those other people, could be more demanding and savvy in respond to the high level of technology awareness. Academically, as a student taking up a course which is very in line with technology, there is that urge to be more effective, knowledgeable and helpful in terms of making the world a better place through these technologies that could make people's lives easier and efficient.
florenzie_palma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Exercise 3

Post  arnulfotaghoy on Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:45 pm

Exercise 3
What influence does the social environment in which you work have on your interaction with the computer? What effect does the organization (commercial or academic) to which you belong have on the interaction?

The interaction of computers nowadays is really progressing as time goes by. The need of a computer increases as computer can really stake high the limits of what our body can do. There are instances that computer can really make our work much easier than the usual. In my environment, almost all of my friends have been influenced to computer because without it, we can’t really do our assignments and stuffs.

arnulfotaghoy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exercise 3

Post  Marlie E. Sisneros on Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:54 pm

The surroundings, I mean the people and the environment greatly influence my interaction with computer. Sometimes I can really concentrate on what I am doing (with laptop) when I am in my comfortable place; particularly in a quiet place and when I’m surrounded by people that I am comforted to be with.
When it comes to academic, I can’t really concentrate when we have a laboratory test. It is so uncomfortable because you are being watched and timed-which I really hate. I get tense and nervous that is why I can’t handle accurately my interaction with computer when I am in that scenario.
Marlie E. Sisneros

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Calvin John Dalino on Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:09 pm

In my current situation right now, I can say that social environment can really affect our interaction with computers. Social environment really matters in almost everything that we do. Even in the way we interact with computers seem to be affected. For example you are in an internet café; you act descent to have formality in the eyes of the public.

Environment is indeed a big factor when we talk about human interactions with the computer. Let's say, in our case, as IT-inclined people and IT students, as required to us academically we are more exposed to using the computer as compared to those students who are taking up non-IT-related course (not referring to the time consumed in using the computer, but to the hardcore computer applications that we use like programming programs).

Calvin John Dalino

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Excercise 3

Post  Jake Darren T. Colina on Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:44 pm

Exercise 3: What influence does the social environment in which you work have on your interaction with the computer? What effect does the organization (commercial or academic) to which you belong have on the interaction?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Commercial or either Academic in the social environment in which HCI is present the first thing that would come to my mind is the growing mobile companies and sites in the world particularly here in the Philippines that ranks us as top in the world as one of the most countries in which really wastes money on mobile phone usage either in the upper, middle or lower class of the community everyone has a mobile phones that made a big difference in our country in all ages, mobile texting or mobile text input, is a term for short text messages that are sent and received in a mobile setting, specifically in situations where the user is not present in the primary work setting (home or office) and may be engaged in some other activity. AAC is a general term for systems that enable people with physical and/or cognitive disabilities to communicate or operate computers or other equipment. They range from simple design modifications of the ergonomics of standard QWERTY keyboards to input system for special symbol languages (e.g., Bliss or pictograms) with simplified user interfaces which allow for input by users with motor or cognitive difficulties. This introduction provides a short description of the circumstances, challenges and goals of these systems, and argues that from the point of view really made the users more get on to the developing world of mobile texting.

Jake Darren T. Colina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  padibergonia on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:10 pm

What influence does the social environment in which you work have on your interaction with the computer? What effect does the organization (commercial or academic) to which you belong have on the interaction?

Human-machine interaction marks big sense to me, especially that I’m on the field of technology where computer and machines are studied to develop a resourceful and useful technological products. It’s never been new to me to see new faces of technology though I am amaze sometimes.

The influence of the social environmental that affects the interaction of human to computers for example in a company or other businesses is all employee or workers can manipulate the machines? Or are all workers interact to the machines. With this instances the environmental influences affects the interaction of the human and machines or computer because there are just limited workers can use the machines and the others are not. So with that instances other workers are more knowledgeable than other because of the limitations of other workers.
padibergonia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  exzellrobelo on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:14 pm

Answer:

The factors that influences the social environment in which I have work on interaction with the computer is first the work context where the available equipments are being shared in the workplace. Peer pressure also influence because through this factor each of the member in the team are forced to do the task assigned to them therefore an interaction also took place. Management pressure, the same with peer pressure that motivates every individual to show the best they can to demonstrate an interaction. Motivation, is one of the important factor the influences interaction because it drives every participant to achieve the goal through the developing encouragement in the group. Organizational goals are the aims or milestones of a certain organization. It is important to attain this one for it is the basis of their progress. Organizational decision making is done by the whole body where they are agreed
exzellrobelo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  frozenfreak7 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:39 pm

Ralph Gideon B. Doron

People in different fields have different levels of connection regarding the usage of computers in their daily lives. Being an Information Technology student takes a lot of computer interaction compared before when I was still in high school. Everything that we do, especially on our major subjects, we rely on computers and on the internet. Because of this, we treat computers as a necessity in our daily lives, we can’t do anything without it and we can’t stand a day without using it. Due to frequent interaction with computers, we feel at ease and comfortable using it. We are now fast with commands and understand functionality with regards to computers.

frozenfreak7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

JEanette R. Vale

Post  chamz_perez on Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:30 pm

The interaction of computers nowadays is really progressing as time goes by. The need of a computer increases as computer can really stake high the limits of what our body can do. There are instances that computer can really make our work much easier than the usual.
chamz_perez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top